Monday, June 18, 2007

I'll have my pie in the sky, please...

OK, so WEAR News reports that the Pensacola Chamber of Commerce wants to turn the 9-acre vacant lot between the Civic Center and Aragon Court into a "Technology Commerce Park" that will bring in a thousand high-paying jobs. The story states that
The goal is to attract technology based companies that will pay their employees at least 50-thousand dollars a year.
Hey, I'm all for goals. I think it's important to strive for improvement and I applaud the Chamber and city/county government for their vision. But, c'mon. A THOUSAND jobs? Paying at least $50K a year? A $50 million bump to the local economy? While we're setting goals, why not just build Wonka's Chocolate Factory and we'll all become Oompa-Loompas?

Sorry, it's kinda late and I'm cranky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

50 mil bump in the local economy!!
Thats 5 1/2 mil an acre. Hmmmmm,, how much was the land across from the downtown water treatment plant?
Jerry

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com