Saturday, June 9, 2007

Coulrophobia


Jerry says I should write about the fear of clowns. So here goes:

I am not deathly afraid of clowns. The appearance of a clown is not likely to make me run screaming for the exit (in most circumstances), but they definitely make me uncomfortable. Creepy, evil things, clowns. I'd much rather not have them around at all. I'm sorry if this offends any of you clowns, but that's the way it is. I have no particularly traumatic experience upon which to base my dislike of clowns, which has oddly increased as I have grown older. I figure by the time I'm 80 I really will run screaming for the exit when I see a clown. Of course, by then, I might be so deranged that I run screaming for the exit at the appearance of anyone at all. But mostly clowns, I expect.

Anyway, a tip: If you want to make me happy, do not hire a clown for my birthday party. Seriously, I'm not joking. This is not "reverse psychology" in an attempt to have a clowny birthday party. I really don't like them.

Here is Wikipedia's entry on Coulrophobia.

Here are some anti-clown websites:

http://www.ihateclowns.com

http://www.punkrockpenguin.net/thingies/clowns/

http://www.filmwise.com/visual/clowns_01.shtml

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liked this one. It's non-political, well thought out
and I suggested it.
Clowns suck.
Jerry

...How bout unruly squirrels?

Anonymous said...

It's weird, my fear of clowns has grown the older I get too. I find it's not as bad when their faces aren't painted white. I never had a bad experience, I just don't like them. I did see It at a very young age. On top of that I just find them plain annoying. how come they have to be all up in your face? Damn clowns!
Jessie

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com