Tuesday, July 3, 2007

*yawn*

Reading about Prez Bush commuting Scooter Libby's prison sentence leaves me with a profound sense of apathy. I just don't care. I TRY to care; I feel like I SHOULD care; but I don't. My own indifference is actually more interesting to me than the story itself ("Narcissus, table for one..."). I think it's a combination of things: Libby being an obviously expendable underling (the loyal solider falling on his sword to atone for the sins of his commanders), my total lack of surprise that Bush decided to keep him out of jail (the only surprise is that it is not (yet) a full pardon), and my disappointment that Patrick Fitzgerald did not prosecute any of the more culpable players (*cough*DickArmitage*cough*). I find the whole thing depressing, and it stokes my rising cynicism about this administration.

Nixon lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check out Keith Olbermann's comment last night on You Tube

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com