Thursday, July 12, 2007

Jeeezus H...

Arizona legislators admit they didn't know what they were voting on.

I guess I'm naive, but I would hope that a legislator would at least know what the bill is that he's voting on. These dopes in Arizona voted in favor of a bill outlawing the use of the names of dead servicemen on commercial products, and when questioned about it later had such wonderful explanations as:

"a senior moment"
"these things slip past us all the time"
"if I had been paying better attention, I would have voted no"

As stated in the article, "Rep. Kyrsten Sinema, D-Phoenix, conceded that she wasn't paying attention and was totally unaware of the contents of the bill on which she voted at least twice . . ."

BTW, Gov. Crist recently signed a similar bill into law in Florida. I wonder how many of our legislators in Tallahassee were asleep at the switch on this bill?

No comments:

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com